The Hoogstraat Shops were three retail buildings opened one after another in quick succession on Hoogstraat.
Located on the corner of Delftsevaart and Lombardkade is the building of Van Stolk Royal Traders.
Café Dudok was the office of life assurance company De Nederlanden van 1845.
The Laurenskerk was badly damaged by the bombing of May 1940, though the spire itself remained largely intact.
The GEB local electricity substation was needed to supply electricity to the shops and businesses in the centre.
On 8 November 1956 the new building of Galeries Modernes was officially opened.
The new telephone building on Botersloot opened its doors in 1951. For over a century, Botersloot was the centre of telephony in Rotterdam.
The Minerva House on Meent is part of a block largely completed during the period of reconstruction.
With a sense of bravura similar to the completion of the Market Hall in October 2014, the Twaalfprovinciënhuis shopping centre opened in 1955.
In opdracht van de dienst Stadsontwikkeling van de Gemeente Rotterdam heeft Platform Wederopbouw Rotterdam een verkenning van de Rotterdamse expeditiehoven en –straten uitgevoerd.